Celebration of the Arts began in 1972 and is a 13 day festival of the arts. In its 42nd year, Celebration has grown to represent one of the largest juried sacred art shows in the country. It features artists from throughout the region in a variety of mediums including oils, acrylic, watercolor, sculpture, fiber, photography, and more. During the 13 day festival there are many individual events including concerts, drama, and art activities.
February 5-6, 2016 - Artwork received from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
February 8, 2016 - Notification Cards Mailed
February 12, 2016 - Artists' Reception from 7:00 - 9:00 pm, open to the public
February 13 - 23, 2016 - Show open to the public from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
February 24, 2016 - Show open to the public from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
February 24, 2016 - Off the Wall Party from 4:00 - 7:00 pm
To be announced this fall.
• View the 2015 Awards Gallery online. Click here >>
• The 2015 Awards have been selected. Click here >>
• The 2015 Artists have been selected. Click here >>
• The 2015 Special Series Flyer has been mailed and is available online. Click here >>
• The 2015 Entry Form has been mailed and is available online. Click here >>
• The 2015 Juror has been selected.
• Celebration of the Arts: Fall Preview Exhibit With the goal of bringing community awareness to our annual Celebration of the Arts show, select artist participants were invited to exhibit in a Fall Preview show. Held concurrently with ArtPrize, the show is open to the public during regular church hours.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list for Celebration, please submit the "Join The Mailing List" form below or contact Ruth Strohmer, Mailing Coordinator
at email@example.com. Please indicate if you are an artist. PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR MAILING ADDRESS!.
Artists´ Reception — Open to the Public
• Friday, February 12 from 7:00 - 9:00 pm in Wesley Hall
Presentation of awards, jazz, and special desserts!
Celebration Sunday Worship
• Sunday, February 14
Join us in worship.
Gallery Walk-Through Celebration of the Arts
• Sunday, February 14 from 9:30 - 10:30 am
• Wednesday, February 17 from 12:00 - 1:00 pm
All adults are invited to experience this year´s show through the special insight of Nancy Clouse, artist and retired faculty member from Grand Rapids Community College.
Celebration Sunday Worship
• Sunday, February 21
Join us for worship on the last Sunday for a dynamic worship service.
We look forward to having you with us!
Oils, acrylics, watercolors, prints, drawings, sculpture, ceramics, fiber, textiles, collage, photography, multi-media, etc.
$20.00 for the first entry, $10.00 for the second entry. Entries are limited to two pieces per person. Make checks payable to: First United Methodist Church (FUMC) Arts Council.
1. Work should express a religious or spiritual quality. A note of
explanation may be attached for the juror´s use.
2. All works must be dry and ready for presentation.
3. Two-dimensional work must be framed and ready to hang with proper hangers and wire.
4. No unframed glass will be accepted.
5. Works to be hung must not exceed 5 ft. x 7 ft. and should weigh no more than 30 lbs.
6. No slides of artwork will be accepted.
7. No prints will be accepted. Original artwork only.
SALE OF WORK
Works may be sold. FUMC Arts Council takes no commission. Those works not for sale (NFS) must be so marked.
Entries will be handled with all possible care. FUMC will not be
responsible for loss or damage from any cause whatsoever.
1. Download the Entry Form Click here >>
2. Fill out and attach the identification cards to the back upper left corner of each entry.
3. Deliver the cards with the artwork (do not mail) to FUMC, 227 Fulton St E, Grand Rapids, MI (use back parking lot entry) February 5 - 6 between 10 am - 4 pm. See website or call (616) 451.2879 in case of bad weather.
For shipping instructions, contact Carol McNally, Associate Director of Music and the Arts, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pieces must be received by Thursday, February 4, 2016 to be entered into the show.
Notification cards will be mailed Monday, February 8.
PICK UP PROCEDURE
Entries not selected must be picked up February 11 - 12 between 10 am - 6 pm. Selected entries should be picked up February 25 - 26 between 10 am - 6 pm. All entries must be picked up by the artist or artist representative with the mailed notification card.